Supportworks Server not starting up. Error Code: 10048 in the SWserver.log
|Applies to:||All Versions of Supportworks|
There maybe times when the Supportworks Server doesn't start. Check the SWserver.log for the following Error:
The following error occurs in the logs error: Windows Socket error 10048: Couldn't bind Global Datagram socket.
The 5001 port that the server service is being used by another application and this is stopping Supportworks from using it.
A previous error has caused Dr Watson to run and this has taken the port 5001 the original instance of the ServerService.exe has not exited properly and so is still using 5001.
- You will need to remove the application that is blocking the port.
- Start Task Manager (Right Click on an empty section of the Windows Tool bar->Select Task Manager)
- In the Task Manager make sure that "View Processes for all users" option has been ticked. Order the list by Image Name.
- Find all instances of Dr Watson and select to End Process
- Find all instances of ServerService.exe and select to End Process
If this doesn't work try restarting the machine that the Supportworks server is installed on.