Configure AutoResponder to Log an ITSM call
|Applies to:||Supportworks ITSM 3.6.1|
It is possible to create an AutoResponder rule which will log a new ITSM call when an email is sent to Supportworks. There are a number of settings to this rule which allow control of the following parameters.
- Call Class: The type of call to be logged such as Incident or Service Request
- SLA: The Service Level to associate with the resulting call
- Configuration Item: The CI to link to the call
- Service: The Service to link to the call
- Process: The Business Process to associate with the call
It is a Supportworks Administrative task to configure AutoResponder rules as these are accessed through the Supportworks Server. Below is an outline of how to access this area.
- Open Supportworks Server Configuration->E-Mail Auto Responder tab.
- Edit the 'Log New Call' entry
- Data Dictionary: ITSM
- Click Ok
- Edit the 'Log New Call' entry, Ok Action tab
- change Action value to arLogNewITSMCall
For further options and how to configure the settings for the AutoResponder rule, please see the table below. This refers to the settings on the OK Actions tab.
|customerId||sc_keysearch||Customer ID resolved from email address of sender||Yes|
|customerFirstname||sc_firstname||Customer first name resolved from email address of sender||Yes|
|customerLastname||sc_surname||Customer surname resolved from email address of sender||Yes|
|callClass||callClass||Call Class, defined on the Settings tab||Yes|
|assignGroup||assignGroup||Supportgroup to assign the call to, defined on the Settings tab||Yes|
|profileCode||profileCode||Problem Profile, defined on the Settings tab||Yes|
|replyEmail||fromAddress||Email address to reply to||Yes|
|replyMailbox||mailbox||Mailbox to send emails from, defined on the Settings tab||Yes|
|replyTemplateOk||replyTemplateOk||OK Template, defined on the Settings tab||Yes|
|replyTemplateFail||replyTemplateFail||Fail Template, defined on the Settings tab||Yes|
|sla||sc_priority or defaultSla||
|3rdPartyCallref||Used to store an external reference for the call being logged (see Note 1 below)||No|
|configuration_item||Associate a Configuration Item ID (see Note 1 below)||No|
|service||Associate a Service ID (see Note 1 below)||No|
|impact||ITSM Impact Level e.g 'High', 'Medium' or 'Low' (see Note 1 below)||No|
|urgency||ITSM Urgency Level e.g 'High', 'Medium' or 'Low' (see Note 1 below)||No|
|process||Business Process to log the call against (Default is used if there is one) (see Note 1 below)||No|
|originalEmailID||originalEmail||This input parameter is used by the AutoResponder Attachment Email functionality. This needs to be set to - originalEmail.||No|
|attachEmail||0 or 1||This input parameter is used to determine whether or not the AutoResponder email should get attached to the Call. To enable this, set the value to 1, otherwise set to 0.||No|
- Use appropriate function to extract the 3rd party reference e.g. TOKEN(subject,0,4). Alternatively a specific value can be entered although it must be surrounded by single or double quotes e.g. the process could be set as 'Service Request'